Sunday, November 22, 2015

Week of Learning 11/16

Reading:
We finished making connections this week with Doreen Cronin books.



This week we start making predictions.

Letters and Sight Words:
We learned about the letter Cc (which makes the /k/ sound) and the sight words: cat, can, come.



Unit Study:
We started learning about Thanksgiving this week. We read a book about turkeys and made these sweet guys! I love how each is unique! :) 



Math:
We continued learning how fractions are equal parts of a whole object cut or a whole set separated into equal parts.

We also celebrated the 50th Day of School with some fun activities! 




 
 5MTOW:
 Identifying the ending sounds of words is just as important as the beginning. Here is a song to sing sung to: “London Bridge is Falling Down":
(Teacher Verse)
~ What’s the last sound that you hear?
~ That you hear, that you hear?
~ What’s the last sound that you hear?
~ In dog, dog, dog? 

(Student Response)
~ /g/ is the sound that I hear,
~ That I hear, that I hear.
~ /g/ is the sound that I hear
~ At the end of dog.

No comments: